Thursday, November 14th – It’s Family Dinner Night. Using our November Talk Pray Do as your guide have dinner together and set aside some time together. Here are the steps to take:
1. If you have not already done so download November Talk Pray Do Card
2. During your meal time use the Talk section of the card
3. At the end of your meal use the suggestions in the Pray section as a guide for a time of prayer
4. And for something fun play the Family Scavenger Hunt. Look at the Do section of our card for directions
5. Use the hastag #RedeemerFDN to let us know about your Family Dinner Night
Here is the Talk Pray Do for the month of November. This month you can use the “Do” part of our Talk Pray Do on November 14th for Family Dinner Night and on the 23rd/24th we will take a break from our regular curriculum and talk about Thankfulness. Here is a great blog post from Pastor Sam explaining the why behind Talk Pray Do.
Talk Pray Do. Let me explain. This is a brand new resource that we hope will help our partnership with you as parents. It’s about creating opportunities each day, each week, and each month. It’s about intentionality within the rhythm of your everyday life.
Deuteronomy 6:4-9 says this….
“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
Here Israel is commanded to teach their children about the one true God as they go through the ordinary experience of life. So when you are at home, going for walks, getting up in the morning, bedtimes, drive times, play times, and more you can create opportunities to lead your family spiritually.
So checkout October’s Talk Pray Do for our Oneway and Junction kiddo’s in Uptown.
So what’s Girlz Club all about? Simply we want to encourage our girls (1st through 5th Grade) to be strong and confident in ‘who’ they are as individuals in Christ. Teaching our girls what true beauty and modesty looks like ‘through’ the eyes & Truths of Christ, in anticipation of maturing our girls into beautifully bold young ladies; radiating the joy, love and compassion of Christ. Our Desire is to build a foundation in our girls of what true beauty and modesty is in hopes of protecting our little girl’s spirits and hearts from future pain and possible wrong decisions. We also want our girls to create and build supportive and lasting friendships with each other, and Christ, so they never have to feel alone or isolated.
For more info check out http://www.redeemer.tv/girlzclub
Here is our calendar of events in Uptown this Fall and Winter. As you will see there are simply some special days during our weekend service, events for just your family, and a big event that will be loads of fun. As we get closer and closer to each date we will provide more info.
- Oct 12-13 Crazy Hair Day – simply come with the craziest hairstyle you can think of.
- Oct 31st Trunk or Treat – Utica/Rome/International Campuses would participate at the Utica Campus and Albany Campus of course will host the Albany event.
- Nov 14th Family Dinner Night – Once a month as a family have dinner together. We will provide you with a Talk Pray Do card to guide your evening.
- Nov 23/24 Pilgrim and Indians – This is a costume weekend. Come dressed just like they were at the first Thanksgiving and we will be talking about Thankfulness.
- December 22nd Happy Birthday Jesus – during the weekend as part of our service we will have a party to celebrate Jesus’ birth.
- January 4/5 Toy Story Day – Kiddo’s can simply bring in a toy for “show and tell” to share the story why this toy is so special.
- January 30th Family Dinner Night – Once a month as a family have dinner together. We will provide you with a Talk Pray Do card to guide your evening.
- February 7th Daddy Daughter Night – It is probably easier to explain if I tell you my thoughts in terms of Utica/Rome area. Simply put Dad’s would take their daughters on a date. I will work out the location and reserve a banquet room. There would be a simplified menu that Dad’s and daughter’s can decide from. It would be an hour long. Some of our team members from Uptown would decorate and provide some questions to guide the conversation that night.
- February 22nd/23rd Aloha February – We are saying Aloha to winter. So kids can bring Hawaiian shirts, Flip Flops, Beach Gear, and such.
Posted in Featured on 06. Sep, 2013
Jim Breuer Tickets on Sale! – New!
Tickets are on sale now for Jim Breuer! Jim is a well-known stand up comedian, formerly of Saturday Night Live. He will be doing a special performance at the Utica Campus on Friday, October 11, at 7pm. All proceeds from the event will go to build a state of the art facility at Redeemer Church in Utica to help kids and families with Autism and other special needs. Tickets can only be purchased at http://www.itickets.com/events/314050.html or by calling 1-800-965-9324. There are 3 price ranges to choose from. $40 seats include a meet and greet with Jim Breuer. There are also $30 and $20 tickets available. This event is for a great cause, and we expect to sell out quickly. Seating is limited so don’t delay! Get your tickets today! If you have any questions, please call 315-792-4748, Ext. 160.